When speed, improved reliability, robustness and long lasting performance are required for Pipe Laying the Spectra Precision® DG813 is the answer. Completely waterproof, with large self-levelled grade range, the DG813 is so fast, so smart and so easy to use that it is an unsurpassed laser tool for pipe laying.
Benefitting from the latest technology developed by Spectra Precision, the DG813 delivers an unprecedented performance when laying pipes.
The length of the DG813 has been reduced to make it easier to set up the lasers into tight inverts in the manhole. The DG813 has a grade range from -12% to +40% and is fully self-leveling over the entire grade range. Even the cross axis is fully compensated – providing quick set up and peace of mind that the laser will be level without having to adjust at the bottom of the invert.
The DG813 works over a distance of 150 m providing full operation in a single set-up between manholes. The new RC803 remote control provides full function control and utilizes infra-red light in the pipe for up to 150 m control. For “over-the-top” setups, the remote utilizes radio communications up to a distance of 130 meter.
Flexible power options provide 40 hours operating time with NiMH rechargeable batteries and 50 hours with alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries can be used directly at the laser without a separate battery pack. An additional car charger is available for work in remote areas.
Large graphical user interface can be seen easily when the laser is in a manhole. All functions are available via graphical menu which makes it simple and easy to use – no secret button pressing and short learning curve means it can be handed to anyone in your crew with little or no training. The same graphical user interface is used at the RC803 remote control.
The Spectra Precision DG813 has advanced functions that make setting up and using it easier and more accurate:
- Line-Set/Check allows the laser to shoot the beam upwards to align to the next manhole at the first day from a short, deep trench as the beam will move up to 100% in seconds.
- Line scan allows the beam to sweep quickly (left and right) and can be stopped on the target using the remote control.
- Line Alert is automatically activated once the grade and alignment are set –warning the user that the set-up has been disturbed, avoiding costly errors and re-work.
In addition, the DG813 comes with a smart Spot Finder SF803 which increases even further the productivity. The laser can align automatically to the center of the Spot Finder, ideal for first day set-up, and can also calculate the grade – great for checking previous work on a second day set-up!
The DG813 has a bright beam moving quickly and accurately for alignment and grade. It can be easily spotted in the pipe and enhanced with the patented target that bends the beam upwards making it easy to see when looking down at the pipe reducing the need to bend down to see the beam when in the trench or standing above the trench.
Multiple attachments are available allowing the DG813 to be mounted in pipes of any size from 150mm upwards. A blower is also available to evenly circulate air through the pipe to avoid refraction of the beam inside the pipe.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- New reduced length allows easy set-up even in tight inverts
- Large, bright, graphical user interface makes the screen easier to see and use when in or out of the pipe. Same graphical user interface can be seen on the remote – what you see on the laser you see on the remote.
- Self levelling range of -12% to +40% over the entire grade range
- Cross axis compensation provides a quicker more accurate set-up as the laser does not have to be level in the pipe – place it in the pipe, it levels, you work.
- Bright visible beam that works up to 150m
- IP68 protection (dust and waterproof)
- The DG813 has flexible power options that provide 40 hours operating time (NiMH rechargeable batteries with worldwide charger) and 50 hours (alkaline batteries). Alkaline batteries can be used directly in the laser without a separate battery pack. Additional car charger can be purchased to keep you working even when out in remote areas.
- Line-Set/Check – allows the user to align the laser to the manhole quickly and easily to set direction. The beam will go up to 100% allowing easy alignment even in short trenches
- Line Scan – provides a quick alignment to the center of the target for the second day setup
- Line Alert- notifies the user if the set-up is disturbed eliminating costly re-work from errors
- RC803 remote works via radio 130m or infra-red 150m for both “Over the Top” set-up and in pipe/trench set-up.
- With SF803 Spot Finder, smart functions are available:
- Spot Align – automatically aligns the DG813 to the center of the Spot Finder in the pipe or to the direction of the manhole when used in a deep, short trench or for “Over the Top” set up.
- Spot Match – a great tool for checking that pipe has been installed to the correct grade or for finding the grade of existing pipe work. Can also be used to calculate the grade between manholes.
- SpotLok – can be used to easily establish a steep slope reference at mountain areas or to lock the beam in a desired position for applications such as solar farms where the beam could be subject to drift.
- Spot Search – can be used to manually locate the beam over long distances out of the trench when using the “Over the Top” application
Get a Quote
Please complete the form below to submit your quote request.