PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To sell SITECH Hardware and Software solutions in the mining sector within the SITECH SA territory.
- To consult with customers, understand their needs, and provide technical proposals for solutions that add value to their business.
- To build strong relationships with key customers, educate and update them on our solutions.
- To maximise business growth and profitability for SITECH SA.
- To effectively liaise with the Technical Field team to ensure successful implementation of systems and resultant customer satisfaction.
- Remain abreast of new product developments and opportunities.
Budget and Sales Forecast
- Provide monthly and quarterly sales forecasts.
- Achieve or exceed the agreed budget.
- Consult with customers to understand their needs.
- Translate customer requirements and needs into effective solutions.
- Compile and present technical presentations and quotations to customers.
- Ensure alignment of presentations and quotations with SITECH Technical Field Services.
Ensure continuous close liaison with SITECH Technical Field Services regarding:
- Customer requirements and expectations
- Bespoke product requirements and offerings
- Customer delivery expectations
Ensure customer satisfaction by direct engagement.
Post Implementation Support
- Ensure adoption and satisfaction of implemented solutions.
- Provide proposals and quotations on Support and Maintenance Agreements.
Engage with Marketing Division to ensure that:
- The website is updated
- Case studies are compiled/acquired and distributed
- Regular, targeted marketing and communication campaigns
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Minimum Requirements [Compulsory]
- Diploma in Mine Engineering or similar qualification/experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience having worked on mines.
- Practical experience in managing Drill & Blast and Load & Haul activities.
- Proven record sales experience/acumen will be an advantage
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal & non-verbal).
- Understanding of mining/applications/solutions/customer requirements.
- Understanding of solutions implementation and service level support best practice.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software & Microsoft office)
- Able to work independently.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions.
- Problem solving ability.
Attitude / Approach
- Accountability/Integrity in sales, expense & delegation issues.
- Reliability regarding services offered/promised to customers.
- Understanding the mining industry, market developments & needs.
- As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid un-endorsed driver’s license and own transport
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis.
OPTRON Group Core Values: Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this vacancy. The fields marked with an asterisk are required fields for a vacancy application.