PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Manage the implementation of products/solutions sold to customers.
- Take ownership of reported customer issues and drive timeous resolution of such issues.
- Manage field implementations to deliver products/solutions to customers’ satisfaction.
- Ensure final product/solution is sufficiently tested and implementation is signed off by the customer and provide documented implementation tests.
- Coordinate and work with the relevant internal individuals/teams to ensure successful implementations.
- Provide operator training to customers on all products/solutions implemented or upgraded.
- Provide services for repairs and maintenance on all implemented products/solutions through regular site visits.
- Resolve any reported product/solutions issues or malfunctions through following proper diagnostic/troubleshooting steps, as well as standard procedures and protocols, to identify and understand the problem and provide suitable solutions.
- Continuously provide optimal customer support whether through field visits or via e communication.
- Ask customers targeted questions during telephonic support to identify the root of the problem.
- Talk customers through suitable/applicable steps and actions to resolve issues when providing telephonic support.
- Ensure all product/solution/customer issues are properly logged, provide timeous reports and manage own field dispatch schedule.
- Continuously build supportive customer relationships.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience:
- Qualified Artisan (Trade Tested) Millwright.
- Minimum of 3 years proven product/solution implementation and field service/support experience.
- Experience in the Geospatial industry will be an advantage.
Skills / Knowledge:
- An advanced knowledge of SITECH SA technologies and solutions.
- Planning, organising and coordination abilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, test and service technical equipment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & non-verbal) to provide technical help.
- Understanding of Engineering processes and principles.
- Understanding of industry/applications/solutions/customer requirements.
- Understanding of solutions implementation and service level support best practice.
- IT proficiency (Knowledge of CRM software & Microsoft office).
- Reasoning and critical thinking abilities.
- Conceptual ability to analyse, interpret & offer customised solutions.
- Problem solving ability.
Attitude / Approach:
- Reliability regarding services offered/promised to customers.
- Understanding the industry, market developments & needs.
- Physical demands: As required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment: As required by performing the essential functions of this job.
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and own transport.
- Availability to travel and be prepared to be away from home on a regular basis.
SITECH SA Core Values / Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or submit a detailed CV to HR@optron.com
Note: In accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Policy, preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this vacancy. The fields marked with an asterisk are required fields for a vacancy application.